Home Work of the 2nd week of July.
Given Date: 19/07/09 Date of Submission: 21/07/09
Q 1 – ii, iii
Q 1 – ii
Q 3 – ii
Extra Questions for practice: Quadratic Equations
- Check whether x (x+1) + 8 = (x +2) (x — 2) is a quadratic equation.
- If x = 3/2 is the root of the quadratic equation 2x2 – kx + 3 = 0, then find the value of k.
- Comment upon the nature of the roots of the equation 3x2 – 4√3 + 4 = 0.
- Find the nature of the roots of the equation √3x2 – 2√2x – 2√3 = 0.
- If the roots of ax2 + bx + c = 0 are equal then find the value of c.
- Find the value of k for the following quadratic equation so that they have two equal roots. 2x2 + kx + 6 = 0.
- If –5 is a root of the quadratic equation 2x2 +2px – 15 = 0 and the quadratic equation p(x2 + x ) + k = 0 has equal roots, find the value of k.
- If one root of the quadratic equation is 2 + √3, then what is the other root? Also write the equation.
- If α and β are the two roots of the equation 9x2 – 24x + 8 = 0 then find α + β and α.β.
- Form a quadratic equation whose roots are –1/3 and 5/2