Ms.Anu Vijayan (PGT-Biotech)
Date of submission: 20.07.09
- What is subtilisin ?
- What is proteome ?
- What is proteomics ?
- What is Biological value of protein ?
- What is structural proteomics ?
- How can changes be incorporated in to a protein ?
Date of submission: 24.09.09
- Give an account of
- Therapeutic proteins
- Nutraceutical proteins
- Non Catalytic functional proteins
- What are essential amino acids?
- What is PER?
- Name the steps involved in protein engineering ?
Date of submission: 29.09.09
- Name one dye commonly used to stain the protein?
- Name the protein to be sequenced first?
- What is sickle cell anaemia ?
- What is thalassaemia ?
- Who developed first the protein sequencing method ?
- What is probiotics ?
Date of submission: 06.10.09
1.Explain the structural function relationship in proteins with reference to Chymotrypsin ?
2What is the principle of 2 D electrophoresis?
3.Indicate four general precautions to be observed for maximum stability during purification?
- What is mass spectrometry?
- Indicate three important non covalent forces which contribute to protein folding and explain how they arise?
- The relationship between the number of genes and the number of proteins is nonlinear. Explain the above statement?