Mr. R. Rajan, PGT(Commerce)
BUSINESS STUDIES – XII Max. Marks 100
Time 3 Hrs.
- Answer to questions carrying one mark may be from one word to one sentence.
- Answer to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
- Answer to questions carrying 4 to 5 marks may be about 150 words.
- Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may from 200 words.
- Attempt all parts of a question together.
1) What is ‘Espirit De Corps’? 1
2) Which concept of marketing holds that the task of any organization is to
identify the needs and wants of the target market? 1
3) What are the different objectives of management? 1
4) List any two management principles of Fayol 1
5) A quantitative statement for a definite future period of time for the purpose
of obtaining a given objective is called as 1
6) List out two limitations of controlling 1
7) What is a brand? 1
8) Give an example for zero level channel of distribution. 1
9) The activities involved in managing an enterprise are common to all
organization whether economic, social or political. Which management
characteristic is highlighted here ? 1
10) Write any two functions of packaging ? 1
11) What is ‘Grape Vine’ Network? 3
12) Differentiate between policy and procedure 3
13) List out the impacts of Govt. policy changes on business and industry. 3
14) What are the different factors that affect the working capital requirement? 3
15) State the three divisions involved in financial management. 3
16) Why does planning sometimes fail in spite of the best efforts of management? 4
17) How does informal organization support the formal organization? 4
18) Why are internal sources of recruitment considered to be more economical? 4
19) What are the objectives of SEBI ? 4
- Define primary market. Describe any two methods of using securities in
in primary market. 4
21) Management is considered as an art as well as science – comment. 5
22) Why did FAYOL find it necessary to introduce the concept of ‘gang plank’
in relation to the principal of scalar chain? Give justification. 5
23) What are the different steps in controlling process? 5
24) Marketing mix consists of various elements. Explain. 5
25) What are the characteristics of a good brand name? 5
26) How is a functional structure different from a divisional structure? 6 OR
‘Delegation of authority’ is necessary for all types of organizations-Explain
any 4 reasons to support your answer.
27) What are the various methods of training-Explain 6
Define staffing process and the various steps involved in it.
28) Explain about the various elements of direction. 6
Explain ‘Maslow’s need of hierarchy theory”
- ‘Capital structure decision is essentially optimization of risk-return
relationship’- comment. 6
Financial Planning is indispensable to every business organization. Comment
on the statement giving reasons in brief to support your answer.
30) Explain the right and responsibilities of a consumer. 6
Explain the role of consumer organizations and NGOs in protecting and
promoting consumer interests.