Mrs. V.P.Suseela, TGT(Maths)
Date of submission: 27 June 2011
1.Use euclid’s division algorithm to find the HCF of :
a) 6265 and 76254 b) 3854 and 48250
2. Find HCF and LCM of following using fundamental theorem of arithmetic method :
a) 1376 AND 15428 b) 448,1008 and 168
3) Without actually performing the long division, state whether the following rational numbers will have a terminating decimal expansion or non terminating repeating decimal expansion :
a) 7/9 b) 35/51 c) 63/90
4) Show that for all positive integer to be a perfect square, it should be of the form 8k + 1.
5) Prove that 35 is irrational.
6) Prove that 1/3 is irrational.
7) Can we have any n N, where 7n ends with digit zero.
1) Find the zeroes of the following quadratic polynomials and verify the relationship between the zeroes and thie coefficient :
a) P(x) = 4x2 + 24x + 36
b) P(x) = 25x2 + 5x
2) Find a quadratic polynomial whose zeroes are -9 and -1/9.
3) Sum and product of zeroes of quadratic polynomial are 2 and 5 respectively.Find the quadratic polynomial.
4) Find a quadratic polynomial whose one zero is -8 and sum of zeroes is 0.
5)verify that -5,1/2,3/4 are zeroes of cubic polynomial 4x3 + 20x +2x -3 also verify the relationship between the zeroes and the coefficient.
6) Divide 24x3 + 20x2y2 – 4xy by 2xy.
7)Divide ax2 + (b+ac) x + bc by x+c.
8) Use division state whether 2y-5 is a factor of 4y4 – 10y3– 10y2 + 30y – 15.
9)m, n are zeroes of ax2 – 5x + a. Find the value of a and c ,if m+n = m.n = 10.