Date of submission: 27 / 6 / 2011
Mrs.Usha Devi (TGT Bio)
- What is meant by exothermic and endothermic reactions? Explain with examples.
- When a green iron salt is heated strongly, its colour finally changes to brown and odour of burning sulpher is given out:
- Name of iron salt and write its formula.
- Name the brown substance obtained and write its formula.
- Which product gives the odour of burning sulpher? Write its formula.
- Write the chemical equation of the reaction involved.
- Name the type of chemical reaction which takes place during the heating of iron salt.
- Explain the term ‘corrosion’ with an example.what damage is caused by the corrosion of iron? How can corrosion of iron be prevented?
- Explain the term ‘rancidity’ with an example. How can rancidity be prevented?
- What is a balanced chemical equation? Explain with the help of an example. Why should chemical equations be balanced?