Mr Sivakumar, TGT (Maths)
Date of submission: 23 June 2014
PART A : NUMBER SYSTEM
1. Prove that √7 is an irrational number.
4. Use Euclid’s division algorithm to find the HCF of 10224 and 9648.
5. Find HCF of 180, 252 and 324 using Euclid’s Division Lemma.
7. Find the LCM of 72, 80 and 120 using the fundamental theorem of arithmetic.
8. A merchant has 120 litres of oil of one kind, 180 litres of another kind and 240 litres of third kind.
He wants to sells the oil by filling the three kinds of oil in tins of equal capacity. What should be
the greatest capacity of such a tin ?
9. After how many decimal places will the decimal expansion of the rational number 31/ 2352
10. Prove that the square of any positive integer is of the form 5q, 5q + 1, 5q + 4 for some integer q.
PART B : POLYNOMIALS
2. The graphs of y =p(x) is given below. Find the number of zeroes of p(x) in each case
3. Form a quadratic polynomial whose one of the zeroes is 15 and sum of the zeroes is 42.
of the polynomial.
5. If α , β, are zeroes of the polynomial x2 – 2x – 8, , then form a quadratic polynomial whose zeroes
are 2α and 2β.
and the coefficients.
-√3 and √3.