Date of submission: 2 Jan., 2015
1. What should be the angle between the directions of displacement and force to get maximum work?
2. Name the kind of energy stored in a dam.
3. How much watts are there in one horse power
4. Calculate the work done when a force of 6000 N moves a body through a distance of 9 m.
5. An electric heater is rated 1500 W. How much energy does it use in 10 hours?
6. What is meant by power? Define the terms watt and kilowatt. Also state the bigger units of power.
7. Explain the term work. Define and explain positive, negative and zero work by giving suitable examples.
8. How does the kinetic energy of an object change, if its momentum is doubled?