1. Find the roots of the following equations.
2. Find the dimensions of a prayer hall having a carpet area of 300m2 with its length 1m more than twice its breadth.
3. Solve the following equations by completing the square method.
4. Solve the following equation by using the quadratic formula.
a. The area of a rectangular plot is 528m2. The length of the plot is 1 more than twice its breadth. Find the length and the breadth of the plot.
b. The product of two consecutive positive integers is 306.Find the integers.
c. Rohan’s mother is 26years older than him. The product of their ages (in years) 3 years from now will be 360.Find Rohan’s present age.
d. A train travels a distance of 480km at a uniform speed. If the speed had been 8km per hour less than it would have taken 3hrs more to cover the same distance. Find the speed of the train.
5. Find two consecutive odd positive integers, sum of whose squares is 290.
6.Find the discriminant of the quadratic equation 2x2-4x+3=0 and hence find nature of its roots.
7.Is it possible to design a rectangular mango grove whose length is twice its breadth, and the area is 800m2? If so find its length and breadth.
8. Is the following situation possible? If so, determine their present ages.
The sum of the age of two friends is 20yrs. Four years ago, the product of their ages in years was 48.
9. Is it possible to design a rectangular park of perimeter 80m and area 400m2? If so, find its length and breadth.
10.Find the discriminant of the equation 3x2-2x+1/3=0 and hence find the nature of its roots. Find them if they are real.
Date of submission: 3 Nov. 2015