- How does the creation of variations in a species promote survival ?
- How do Medel’s experiments show that traits may be dominant or recessive ?
- How do Mendel’s experiments show that traits are inherited independently ?
- How is the sex of the child determined independently ?
- What are the different ways in which individuals with a particular trait may increase in a population ?
- Why are traits acquired during the life time of an individual not inherited ?
- What factors could lead to the rise of a new species ?
- Give an example of charecteristics being used to determine how close two species are in evolutionary terms ?
- Can the wing of a butterfly and the wing of a bat be considered homologous organs ?
Why or why not ?
- What are fossils ? What do they tell us about the process of evolution ?
Answer all the exercise questions also – Page 159