- An object of 1 cm high produces a real image 1.5 cm high, when placed at a distance of 15 cm from concave mirror .calculate the position of the image?
- Refractive index of water is 4/3 and that of glass is 3/2with regard to air. What is the refractive index of glass with respect to water?
- How much time will light take to cross 4mm thick glass pane if refractive index of glass is 3/2?
- Explain with the help of diagram , why a pencil partly immersed in water appears to be bent at the water surface?
- Calculate the distance at which an object should be placed in front of a concave mirror of focal length 15cm to obtain an image triple of its size?
- An object of 0.2 m high is placed at a distance of 0.4m from a concave mirror of radius of curvature 0.3 m. Find the position , nature and size of the image formed?
ASSIGNMENT(To be submitted in a separate file)
Draw ray diagrams showing the image formation of
- concave mirror – all positions
- convex mirror – all positions
- concave lens – all positions
- convex lens -all positions
Also mention the position,nature and size of the image formed in each case.