Home » Class IX
Category Archives: Class IX
- Read the prescribed novel ‘Three Men In A Boat’ and write the summary of the first five chapters.
- Write an article on each of the following:
- Child Labour
(Include relevant pictures)
Do an assignment ( in 15-25 pages) on disaster management .
(i) Explain Infectious and non-infectious diseases, its causative organism, its symptoms and preventive measures. Stick pictures of these diseases.
- Profile of a sports personality.
- Educating a girl child is a burden. Write an article with reference to “Right to Education”.
- History of Sports
क्त ,क्तवतु ,शतृ ,शानच् प्रत्ययान् प्रयुज्य पञ्चविंशति वाक्यानि लिखत ।
- Plot the points in the Cartesian plane. (In graph paper)
A(3,4), B(-4,5), C(6,-1), D(-4,-3), E(0,5), F(4,0), G(-6,0), H(-2,0)
- Write all the algebraic identities, with one example each.
- Find six rational numbers between 2 and 5
- Find five rational numbers between 2/3 and 4/5
- Are the square roots of all positive integers irrational? If not, give an example of the square root of a number that is a rational number.
- State whether true or false.
- Every irrational number is a real
- Every rational number is is an integer.
- Every real number is an irrational number.
- Prepare a scrap book date wise for scientific news recently noticed/ to be noticed in the news paper. This will be considered as one activity for FA2 during the academic year 2016-2017.
- Express the linear equation 2x=-5y in the form ax+by+c=0 and indicate the values of a, b, and c .
2.Check whether (2,0) is a solution of the equation x-2y=4.
- If the point (3,4) lies on the graph of the equation 3y=ax+7, find the value of ‘a’.
- Show that the diagonals of a square are equal and bisect each other at right angles.
- ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AD=BC.
(Refer page no. 147 in text book , fig. 8.23)
<i> Angle A = Angle B
<ii> Angle C = Angle D
<iii> Triangle ABC = Triangle BAD
<iv> Diagonal AC = Diagonal BD
- (Refer to page no. 163 in text book, fig. 9.27)
In the figure, ABCDE is a pentagon. A line through B parallel to AC meets DC produced at F. Show that :-
<i> ar(ACB) = ar (ACF)
<ii> ar(AEDF) = ar(ABCDE)
7.Construct a Triangle ABC in which BC=7 cm, Angle B=75 degrees and AB+AC= 13 cm.
- Construct a Triangle XYZ in which angle Y=30 degrees, Angle Z=90 degrees and XY+YZ+ZX=11 cm.
Date of submission: 4 January 2016
1) Write an equation of a line which passes through the orgin.
2) Does the point (0,3) lie on the line 3x+4y+12?
3)Write a linear equation such that each point on its graph has an abscissa 4 times its ordinate.
4) Write 2 solutions of the linear equation x+2y=1.
5) Draw the graph of a linear equation whose solutions are represented by the points having a sum of the coordinates as 10 units.
Date of submission: 3 November 2015
1. Write a mystery story. (Collect ideas from MCB Unit-Mystery)
2. Write an article on ‘Child Labour’. Include relevant pictures, newspaper clippings and magazine
(Collect ideas from MCB Unit- Children)
Write an article on The Importance of Sports and Games in the overall development of a student.
3. Write the summary of 5 chapters of ‘Three Men In A Boat’. (Second Term)
Date of submission: 3 Nov. 2015