Home » Class IX
Category Archives: Class IX
1) Write an equation of a line which passes through the orgin.
2) Does the point (0,3) lie on the line 3x+4y+12?
3)Write a linear equation such that each point on its graph has an abscissa 4 times its ordinate.
4) Write 2 solutions of the linear equation x+2y=1.
5) Draw the graph of a linear equation whose solutions are represented by the points having a sum of the coordinates as 10 units.
Date of submission: 3 November 2015
1. Write a mystery story. (Collect ideas from MCB Unit-Mystery)
2. Write an article on ‘Child Labour’. Include relevant pictures, newspaper clippings and magazine
(Collect ideas from MCB Unit- Children)
Write an article on The Importance of Sports and Games in the overall development of a student.
3. Write the summary of 5 chapters of ‘Three Men In A Boat’. (Second Term)
Date of submission: 3 Nov. 2015
01.Write down the question answers of Gravitation page number:141,142 145
02.Write down the symbol of 25 elements
01.Explain the classification of plant kingdom
1) निबन्ध लिखिए (किसी दो)
v बाल श्रमिक
v रवींद्रनाथ टागोर
2) प्राकृतिक सौंदर्य से संबंधित पाँच जगहों का सचित्र वर्णन
3) आठ अलंकारों का दो-दो उदाहरण
4)1857 के स्वतंत्रता आन्दोलन के तीन महात्माओं का चित्र के साथ वर्णन
Date of submission: 5 June 2015 (Shift-I)
Prepare a chart based on any one of the following topics.
1)वर्णमाला 2) स्वरभेदा: 3)व्यञ्जन भेदा:
4) वर्णोच्चारणस्थानम् 5) शब्दरुपाणि अर्थै: सह |
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
1 PROJECT-“DISASTER MANAGEMENT”
(a) CLASS IX
(b) SELECT ONE THEME FROM DISASTER MANAGEMENT TEXT
BOOK THE PROJECT SHOULD BE OF 15-20 PAGES
(c) INCLUDE DATA ,DIAGRAM,MAP,PICTURES ETC…
(a)INDIA- STATES AND UNION TERRITORIES
(b)INDIA-STANDARD MERRIDIAN,PALK STRAIT,TROPIC OF CANCER,STATES THROUGH WHICH TROPIC OF CANCER PASSES THROUGH
(c)ASIA POLITICAL-INDIA AND NEIGH BOURING COUNTRIES
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
I) Read any one of the novels of Sudha Murthy and prepare a book review.
II) Read the first 10 chapters of Three Men In a Boat and write their summary.
Date of submission date : 05.06.2015
1) Are the following statments true or false ? Give reasons for your answers.
i) Every whole number is a natural number
ii) Every integer is a rational number
iii) Every rational number is an integer
2) Find five rational numbers between 1 and 2
3) Is zero a rational number? Can you write it in the form p/q , where p and q are integers and q ≠
4) Find six rational numbers between 3 and 4
5) Find five rational numbers between 3/5 and 4/5
6) State whether the following statements are true or false. Give reasons for your answers
i) Every natural number is a whole number.
ii) Every integer is a whole number
iii) Every rational number is a whole number
7) Locate √2 on the number line
8) Locate √3 on the number line
9) State whether the following statements are true or false. Justify your answers.
i) Every rational number is a real number
ii) Every point on the number line is of the √m, where m is a natural number
iii) Every real number is an irrational number
10) Are the square roots of all positive integers irrational ? If not, give an example of the square
root of a number that is a rational number.
11) Show how √5 can be repesented in the number line
12) Classroom activity ( Constructing a ‘square root spiral’) : Take a large sheet of paper and construct the ‘square root spiral’ in the following fashion. Start with a point O and draw a line segmant OP1 of unit length. Draw a line segment P1P2 perpendicular to OP1 of unit length . Now draw a line segment P 2 P 3 perpendicular to OP2 . Then draw a line segment P3 P4 perpendicular to
OP3. Continuing in this manner, you can get the the line segment Pn-1 Pn by drawing a line segment of unit length perpendicular to OP n-1 . In this manner, you will have created the points P2, P3 ,….Pn,…. .., and joined them to create a beautiful spiral depicting √2,√3,√4,…….
Date of submission: 2 Jan., 2015
a.page no: 97 Q . 1,2,3,4,5,6
b.page no:44 Q. 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
c.page no: 159 Q.13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” Based on the theme of ‘Each one teach one’, write a story in not more than 100-120 words.
Implementation of CCE has lent a new face to high school learning which aims at making children capable of becoming responsible, productive and useful members of society. Based on the following input, together with your own ideas write a letter to our friend telling him/ her about the CCE(Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation)
Date of submission: 5 Jan 2015
DATE OF SUBMISSION:-5/01 /2015
I. Analyze the system of elections in India with reference to lok sabha elections 2014 and state legislative assembly elections 2014.
1. Newspaper cutting- 5 marks
2. Content – 5 marks
3. Presentation -10 marks
Total -20 marks
II.Take a printout of the given worksheet and complete it and paste it in the homework notebook.
Q1. Show that each angle of a rectangle is a right angle.
Q2. Show that the diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular to each other.
Q3. Two parallel lines l and m are intersected by transversal p .show that quadrilateral formed by the bisectors of interior angles is a rectangle.
Q4.Show that the bisectors of angles of a parallelogram from a rectangle.
Q5. ABCD is a parallelogram in which p and q are mid-points of opposite sides AB and CD. If AQ intersects DP at S and BQ intersects CP at R, show that:
1. APCQ is a parallelogram.
2. DPBQ is a parallelogram.
3. PSQR is a parallelogram.
Q6. In triangle ABC,D,E and F are respectively the mid-points of sides AB,BC and CA. show that triangle ABC is divided into four congruent triangles by joining D, E and F.
Q7. L,m and n are three parallel lines intersected by transversals p such that l,m and n cut off equal intercepts AB and BC on p. show that l,m, and n cut off equal intercepts DE and EF on q also.
Q8. ABCD is a parallelogram and EFCD is a rectangle. Also AL perpendicular DC. Prove that.
1. Ar (ABCD) = ar (EFCD)
2. Ar (ABCD)= ar DCxAL
Q9. If a triangle and parallelogram are on the same base and between the same parallel,then prove that the area of the triangle is equal to half the area of the parallelogram.
Q10. Show that a median of a triangle divided it into two triangle of equal area.
Q11. ABCD is a quadrilateral and BE parallel AC and also BE meet DC produced at E.show that area of triangle ADE is equal to the area of the quadrilateral ABCD.
Q12. If two intersecting chords of a circle make equal with the diameter pass
Date of submission: 2 Jan 2015