Home » Class IX
Category Archives: Class IX
- Express the linear equation 2x=-5y in the form ax+by+c=0 and indicate the values of a, b, and c .
2.Check whether (2,0) is a solution of the equation x-2y=4.
- If the point (3,4) lies on the graph of the equation 3y=ax+7, find the value of ‘a’.
- Show that the diagonals of a square are equal and bisect each other at right angles.
- ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AD=BC.
(Refer page no. 147 in text book , fig. 8.23)
<i> Angle A = Angle B
<ii> Angle C = Angle D
<iii> Triangle ABC = Triangle BAD
<iv> Diagonal AC = Diagonal BD
- (Refer to page no. 163 in text book, fig. 9.27)
In the figure, ABCDE is a pentagon. A line through B parallel to AC meets DC produced at F. Show that :-
<i> ar(ACB) = ar (ACF)
<ii> ar(AEDF) = ar(ABCDE)
7.Construct a Triangle ABC in which BC=7 cm, Angle B=75 degrees and AB+AC= 13 cm.
- Construct a Triangle XYZ in which angle Y=30 degrees, Angle Z=90 degrees and XY+YZ+ZX=11 cm.
Date of submission: 4 January 2016
1) Write an equation of a line which passes through the orgin.
2) Does the point (0,3) lie on the line 3x+4y+12?
3)Write a linear equation such that each point on its graph has an abscissa 4 times its ordinate.
4) Write 2 solutions of the linear equation x+2y=1.
5) Draw the graph of a linear equation whose solutions are represented by the points having a sum of the coordinates as 10 units.
Date of submission: 3 November 2015
1. Write a mystery story. (Collect ideas from MCB Unit-Mystery)
2. Write an article on ‘Child Labour’. Include relevant pictures, newspaper clippings and magazine
(Collect ideas from MCB Unit- Children)
Write an article on The Importance of Sports and Games in the overall development of a student.
3. Write the summary of 5 chapters of ‘Three Men In A Boat’. (Second Term)
Date of submission: 3 Nov. 2015
01.Write down the question answers of Gravitation page number:141,142 145
02.Write down the symbol of 25 elements
01.Explain the classification of plant kingdom
1) निबन्ध लिखिए (किसी दो)
v बाल श्रमिक
v रवींद्रनाथ टागोर
2) प्राकृतिक सौंदर्य से संबंधित पाँच जगहों का सचित्र वर्णन
3) आठ अलंकारों का दो-दो उदाहरण
4)1857 के स्वतंत्रता आन्दोलन के तीन महात्माओं का चित्र के साथ वर्णन
Date of submission: 5 June 2015 (Shift-I)
Prepare a chart based on any one of the following topics.
1)वर्णमाला 2) स्वरभेदा: 3)व्यञ्जन भेदा:
4) वर्णोच्चारणस्थानम् 5) शब्दरुपाणि अर्थै: सह |
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
1 PROJECT-“DISASTER MANAGEMENT”
(a) CLASS IX
(b) SELECT ONE THEME FROM DISASTER MANAGEMENT TEXT
BOOK THE PROJECT SHOULD BE OF 15-20 PAGES
(c) INCLUDE DATA ,DIAGRAM,MAP,PICTURES ETC…
(a)INDIA- STATES AND UNION TERRITORIES
(b)INDIA-STANDARD MERRIDIAN,PALK STRAIT,TROPIC OF CANCER,STATES THROUGH WHICH TROPIC OF CANCER PASSES THROUGH
(c)ASIA POLITICAL-INDIA AND NEIGH BOURING COUNTRIES
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
I) Read any one of the novels of Sudha Murthy and prepare a book review.
II) Read the first 10 chapters of Three Men In a Boat and write their summary.
Date of submission date : 05.06.2015
1) Are the following statments true or false ? Give reasons for your answers.
i) Every whole number is a natural number
ii) Every integer is a rational number
iii) Every rational number is an integer
2) Find five rational numbers between 1 and 2
3) Is zero a rational number? Can you write it in the form p/q , where p and q are integers and q ≠
4) Find six rational numbers between 3 and 4
5) Find five rational numbers between 3/5 and 4/5
6) State whether the following statements are true or false. Give reasons for your answers
i) Every natural number is a whole number.
ii) Every integer is a whole number
iii) Every rational number is a whole number
7) Locate √2 on the number line
8) Locate √3 on the number line
9) State whether the following statements are true or false. Justify your answers.
i) Every rational number is a real number
ii) Every point on the number line is of the √m, where m is a natural number
iii) Every real number is an irrational number
10) Are the square roots of all positive integers irrational ? If not, give an example of the square
root of a number that is a rational number.
11) Show how √5 can be repesented in the number line
12) Classroom activity ( Constructing a ‘square root spiral’) : Take a large sheet of paper and construct the ‘square root spiral’ in the following fashion. Start with a point O and draw a line segmant OP1 of unit length. Draw a line segment P1P2 perpendicular to OP1 of unit length . Now draw a line segment P 2 P 3 perpendicular to OP2 . Then draw a line segment P3 P4 perpendicular to
OP3. Continuing in this manner, you can get the the line segment Pn-1 Pn by drawing a line segment of unit length perpendicular to OP n-1 . In this manner, you will have created the points P2, P3 ,….Pn,…. .., and joined them to create a beautiful spiral depicting √2,√3,√4,…….
Date of submission: 2 Jan., 2015
a.page no: 97 Q . 1,2,3,4,5,6
b.page no:44 Q. 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
c.page no: 159 Q.13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” Based on the theme of ‘Each one teach one’, write a story in not more than 100-120 words.
Implementation of CCE has lent a new face to high school learning which aims at making children capable of becoming responsible, productive and useful members of society. Based on the following input, together with your own ideas write a letter to our friend telling him/ her about the CCE(Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation)
Date of submission: 5 Jan 2015