Home » Class IX
Category Archives: Class IX
- Plot the points in the Cartesian plane. (In graph paper)
A(3,4), B(-4,5), C(6,-1), D(-4,-3), E(0,5), F(4,0), G(-6,0), H(-2,0)
- Write all the algebraic identities, with one example each.
- Find six rational numbers between 2 and 5
- Find five rational numbers between 2/3 and 4/5
- Are the square roots of all positive integers irrational? If not, give an example of the square root of a number that is a rational number.
- State whether true or false.
- Every irrational number is a real
- Every rational number is is an integer.
- Every real number is an irrational number.
- Prepare a scrap book date wise for scientific news recently noticed/ to be noticed in the news paper. This will be considered as one activity for FA2 during the academic year 2016-2017.
- Express the linear equation 2x=-5y in the form ax+by+c=0 and indicate the values of a, b, and c .
2.Check whether (2,0) is a solution of the equation x-2y=4.
- If the point (3,4) lies on the graph of the equation 3y=ax+7, find the value of ‘a’.
- Show that the diagonals of a square are equal and bisect each other at right angles.
- ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AD=BC.
(Refer page no. 147 in text book , fig. 8.23)
<i> Angle A = Angle B
<ii> Angle C = Angle D
<iii> Triangle ABC = Triangle BAD
<iv> Diagonal AC = Diagonal BD
- (Refer to page no. 163 in text book, fig. 9.27)
In the figure, ABCDE is a pentagon. A line through B parallel to AC meets DC produced at F. Show that :-
<i> ar(ACB) = ar (ACF)
<ii> ar(AEDF) = ar(ABCDE)
7.Construct a Triangle ABC in which BC=7 cm, Angle B=75 degrees and AB+AC= 13 cm.
- Construct a Triangle XYZ in which angle Y=30 degrees, Angle Z=90 degrees and XY+YZ+ZX=11 cm.
Date of submission: 4 January 2016
1) Write an equation of a line which passes through the orgin.
2) Does the point (0,3) lie on the line 3x+4y+12?
3)Write a linear equation such that each point on its graph has an abscissa 4 times its ordinate.
4) Write 2 solutions of the linear equation x+2y=1.
5) Draw the graph of a linear equation whose solutions are represented by the points having a sum of the coordinates as 10 units.
Date of submission: 3 November 2015
1. Write a mystery story. (Collect ideas from MCB Unit-Mystery)
2. Write an article on ‘Child Labour’. Include relevant pictures, newspaper clippings and magazine
(Collect ideas from MCB Unit- Children)
Write an article on The Importance of Sports and Games in the overall development of a student.
3. Write the summary of 5 chapters of ‘Three Men In A Boat’. (Second Term)
Date of submission: 3 Nov. 2015
01.Write down the question answers of Gravitation page number:141,142 145
02.Write down the symbol of 25 elements
01.Explain the classification of plant kingdom
1) निबन्ध लिखिए (किसी दो)
v बाल श्रमिक
v रवींद्रनाथ टागोर
2) प्राकृतिक सौंदर्य से संबंधित पाँच जगहों का सचित्र वर्णन
3) आठ अलंकारों का दो-दो उदाहरण
4)1857 के स्वतंत्रता आन्दोलन के तीन महात्माओं का चित्र के साथ वर्णन
Date of submission: 5 June 2015 (Shift-I)
Prepare a chart based on any one of the following topics.
1)वर्णमाला 2) स्वरभेदा: 3)व्यञ्जन भेदा:
4) वर्णोच्चारणस्थानम् 5) शब्दरुपाणि अर्थै: सह |
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
1 PROJECT-“DISASTER MANAGEMENT”
(a) CLASS IX
(b) SELECT ONE THEME FROM DISASTER MANAGEMENT TEXT
BOOK THE PROJECT SHOULD BE OF 15-20 PAGES
(c) INCLUDE DATA ,DIAGRAM,MAP,PICTURES ETC…
(a)INDIA- STATES AND UNION TERRITORIES
(b)INDIA-STANDARD MERRIDIAN,PALK STRAIT,TROPIC OF CANCER,STATES THROUGH WHICH TROPIC OF CANCER PASSES THROUGH
(c)ASIA POLITICAL-INDIA AND NEIGH BOURING COUNTRIES
Date of submission: 5 June 2015
I) Read any one of the novels of Sudha Murthy and prepare a book review.
II) Read the first 10 chapters of Three Men In a Boat and write their summary.
Date of submission date : 05.06.2015
1) Are the following statments true or false ? Give reasons for your answers.
i) Every whole number is a natural number
ii) Every integer is a rational number
iii) Every rational number is an integer
2) Find five rational numbers between 1 and 2
3) Is zero a rational number? Can you write it in the form p/q , where p and q are integers and q ≠
4) Find six rational numbers between 3 and 4
5) Find five rational numbers between 3/5 and 4/5
6) State whether the following statements are true or false. Give reasons for your answers
i) Every natural number is a whole number.
ii) Every integer is a whole number
iii) Every rational number is a whole number
7) Locate √2 on the number line
8) Locate √3 on the number line
9) State whether the following statements are true or false. Justify your answers.
i) Every rational number is a real number
ii) Every point on the number line is of the √m, where m is a natural number
iii) Every real number is an irrational number
10) Are the square roots of all positive integers irrational ? If not, give an example of the square
root of a number that is a rational number.
11) Show how √5 can be repesented in the number line
12) Classroom activity ( Constructing a ‘square root spiral’) : Take a large sheet of paper and construct the ‘square root spiral’ in the following fashion. Start with a point O and draw a line segmant OP1 of unit length. Draw a line segment P1P2 perpendicular to OP1 of unit length . Now draw a line segment P 2 P 3 perpendicular to OP2 . Then draw a line segment P3 P4 perpendicular to
OP3. Continuing in this manner, you can get the the line segment Pn-1 Pn by drawing a line segment of unit length perpendicular to OP n-1 . In this manner, you will have created the points P2, P3 ,….Pn,…. .., and joined them to create a beautiful spiral depicting √2,√3,√4,…….