Home » Class VI (S-II)
Category Archives: Class VI (S-II)
- Read the first three chapters of the Supplementary Reader ‘ A Pact With the Sun’ and make a Vocabulary List of 15-20 words from each chapter and write their meanings with the help of dictionary.
- Read a short story by any Indian English Write and write a short summary.
NOTE: (Use A4 size paper)
Read a story written by Ruskin Bond or O Henry and write a brief summary. Make a vocabulary list of 25 words from the story with its meaning.
- Briefly describe how Xuan Zang has described Nalanda ?
- “Humans are living on different kinds of landforms in different ways “. Explain the relationship between landforms and people ?
- What are the sources of livelihood in central India? Give some examples.
- Map skill — Locate the following places in the world
- Ural mountains
- Subarnarekha river
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Deccan Plateau
- Aravalli Range
|VI||List home remedies for dealing with garbage|
Make a photo album of various food items containing different nutrients
- Write and study the multiplication table from 2 to 12.
- The greatest 4 digit number (b) the smallest 5 digit number
- Write the number 97,486 in expanded form and also in Indian Place Value Chart.
- Form all possible 4 digit numbers using the digits 1, 4, 7 and 9 using each digit only once. Write the smallest and greatest of these numbers.
- Add the following
(i) 923584 and 66799 (ii) 371895 and 492918
- Find the difference between the given numbers
(i) 5050501 and 469696 (ii) 518392 and 798093
(i) 5207 × 345 (ii) 5732 × 823
- Write the Roman Numerals for the numbers 1 to 20.
- Make factor trees fot (a) 24 (b) 42
- Fill in the blanks :
- 1km = ————- m
- 1kg = ————–g
- 1 litre = ———— ml
Read the lessons from the supplementary text lessons
“WONDER CALLED SLEEP “ & “PACT WITH THE SUN “ and frame ten short answer type questions and complete the question and answer in the note book.
1.Mention different types of vegetation found in India.
2.Explain different types of seasons found in India
3.What is the difference between evergreen forest and deciduous forest?
4.Which winds bring rainfall in India?Why is it so important?
- Write a note on mountain vegetation.
1. PART OF SPEECH [NOUN ,PRONOUNS ,VERB,ADVERB AND ADJECTIVES
GIVE EXAMPLE OF EACH USING PICTURES .
2. READ LESSON 1 AND 2 FROM SUPPLEMENTARY READERS.
3. CREATIVE WRITING –WRITE A STORY / A POEM BASED ON THE THEME FRIENDSHIP /HONESTY/A MEMORABLE TRIP /A MEMORABLE MOMENT.
(Date of submission- First week of June2015)
- WRITE 50 VERBS AND THEIR THREE FORMS- PRESENT-PAST-PAST PARTICIPLE
- PREPARE PPT ON ANY LESSON FROM HONEYSUCKLE
Date of submission: 2 Jan 2015
Date of submission: 2 Jan., 2015
Collect pictures of various rulers of ancient india,Write any two administrative reforms of them.