Home » Class VIII (S-II)
Category Archives: Class VIII (S-II)
Read the lesson The Great Stone Face and make a picture story .
1 Distinguish between Birth rate and Death rate . “Population Explosion is a problem growing by the day” . Justify
- Enlist the various sources on which the people of Chennai depend on for water? What is the situation of water supply in Chennai?
- How does the government manage money for Public facilities?
- Who was Raja Ravi Varma and what was his contributions to art?
- Give a detailed description of Imperial art?
इदम् शब्दस्य पुल्लिङ्ग, स्त्रीलिङ्ग , नपुंसकलिङ्ग रूपाणि लिखत |
|VIII||Describe the various agricultural practices in organic farming followed in our country|
१)सूरदास के बारे में चित्र सहित वर्णन कीजिए.
२)आख और हाथ से संबधित दस-दस मुहावरों का अर्थ
सहित वाक्य लिखिए.
- Make any two solid shape and find its volume, surface area.
2.Write and factorise any five expressions each of the form a) (a+b)2 = a2+2ab +b2
- b) (a-b)2 = a2-2ab+b2
- c) (a2-b2) = (a+b)(a-b)
- d) (x+a)(x+b) = x2+(a+b)x+ab
Paste the pictures of micro organisms, write how they are useful and also write their harmful effects.
RATIONAL NUMBERS , LINEAR EQUATIONS IN ONE VARIABLE
- Which rational number is called identity element for addition of rational numbers ?
- 3x – 3 = 2x + 2 , the value of x is
- Write the present age of a mother , if she is 2 years less than three times her son’s age ,if her son’s age is x years.
4 .Which rational number is multiplicative identity for rational numbers ?
- If 2x -2 = x +3 , then x is
- Additive inverse of is
7 . Find tha value of
8.Evaluate : +
9.Evaluate : +
10.Evaluate : +
VIII – Social Science Holiday homework for Winter Break
- Write a note on Sardar Bhagat Singh.
2.Describe women’s participation in the national movement.
3.Who was Subhash Chandra Bose?Describe his contribution to the Indian freedom struggle.
4.Describe post partition disturbances.
- Give an account of the planning for development of the newly Independent India.
6.Write a short note on ‘Non-Alignment Movement’.
Choose the correct alternative :
- The parallel sides of a trapezium are 28 cm and 16 cm and its are is 220 cm2. The distance between its parallel sides is
a) 5 cm b) 10 cm c) 15 cm d) 20 cm
- If an edge of a cube is doubled, then its surface area will become
a) twice b) thrice c) 1/4 times d) four times
- The volume of a cube of edge 01 m3 (in cm3) is
a) 0.000001 b) 1 c) 0001 d) 0.001
- The radius of a right circular cylinder is doubled keeping its height same. The ratio between the volumes of new cylinder and the original cylinder is
a) 3 : 1 b) 4 : 1 c) 2 : 1 d) 8 : 1
- A rectangular sheet of paper 44cm × 20cm is rolled along its length and a cylinder is formed. Find the volume of the cylinde
- The diameter of a roller is 80 cm and its length is 126 cm. It takes 750 complete revolutions moving once over to level a playground. Find the area of the playground.
- A cuboidal tin open at the top has dimensions 20 cm 16 cm 14 cm. What is the total area of a sheet of metal required to make 10 such tin
- A piece of wire is the form of a rectangle whose length is 52cm and breadth is 36cm. It is cut at a point and bent in the form of a circle. Find the radius of the circle.
- Find the area of trapezoid whose parallel sides are of lengths 10 cm and 12 cm and the distance between them is 4 cm.
- The circumference of the base of a right circular cylinder is 176 cm and it is 1 m high. Find the lateral surface area of the cylinde
- A pole of 8 m height casts a 10m long shadow. Find the height of the tree that casts a 40 m long shadow under similar conditions
- If a pipe can fill a tank of capacity 50 l in 5 hours. Then how long will it take to fill a tank of capacity 75l
- If the cost of 20m of a cloth is ` 1600, then what will be the cost of 24.5 m of that cloth.
- A loaded truck travels 14 km in 25 minutes. If the speed remains the same, how far can it travel in 5 hours?
- A car takes 4 hours to reach the destination by travelling at a speed of 60 km/h. How long will it take if the car travels at a speed of 80 km/h?
Date of submission: 4 January 2016
- Collect the labels from the bottles of jams and jellies. Write down the list of contents printed on the labels.
- Requirements: 2 test tubes, marker pen, sugar, yeast powder, 2 balloons and lime water.
- Take 2 test tubes and mark them A and B. Clamp these tubes in a stand and fill them with water leaving some space at the top. Put 2 spoonful of sugar in each of the test tubes. Add a spoonful of yeast in test tube B. Inflate the 2 balloons completely. Now tie the balloons to the mouth of each test tube. Keep them in a warm place away from the sunlight. Watch the set up every day for next 3 to 4 days.
- Record your observations and think of an explanation.
- Now take another test tube filled with1/4th of lime water. Remove the balloon from the test tube B in such a manner that gas inside the balloon does not escape. Fit the balloon on the test tube and shake well.
- Observe and explain.
अस्मद् शब्दः। (द्विवारं लेखनीयम् )
१) भारत की खोज पढकर प्रशनोत्तर निर्माण करना
२) अंग्रेज़ी में डिस्कवरी ओफ़ इंडिया पढना
३) स्वरचित रचना
Date of submission: 5 June 2015 (Shift-II)