Home » Class X (S-II)
Category Archives: Class X (S-II)
Write summary of the Long Reading Novel ‘Story of My Life’. (Chapter 1 to 10)
- Use A4 size paper or Assignment Paper
- Do not use file.
Download OTBA material from cbse site and read it. Prepare the questions’ answers
- An object of 1 cm high produces a real image 1.5 cm high, when placed at a distance of 15 cm from concave mirror .calculate the position of the image?
- Refractive index of water is 4/3 and that of glass is 3/2with regard to air. What is the refractive index of glass with respect to water?
- How much time will light take to cross 4mm thick glass pane if refractive index of glass is 3/2?
- Explain with the help of diagram , why a pencil partly immersed in water appears to be bent at the water surface?
- Calculate the distance at which an object should be placed in front of a concave mirror of focal length 15cm to obtain an image triple of its size?
- An object of 0.2 m high is placed at a distance of 0.4m from a concave mirror of radius of curvature 0.3 m. Find the position , nature and size of the image formed?
ASSIGNMENT(To be submitted in a separate file)
Draw ray diagrams showing the image formation of
- concave mirror – all positions
- convex mirror – all positions
- concave lens – all positions
- convex lens -all positions
Also mention the position,nature and size of the image formed in each case.
(Answers may be written neatly on A4 papers.Diagrams are to be drawn neatly)
1.If -4 is a root of the quadratic equation and has equal roots, find the value of k.
- If the root of the quadratic equation 2 is 3, find the other root of the quadratic equation.Also find the value of p.
- For what value of ‘k’does the equation have equal roots
- Using quadratic formula solve .
- Solve + = 3
- Find the roots of the quadratic equation − 2=0
8.Which of the AP; 121,117,113,…., is its first negative term?
- The sum of the third and seventh terms of an AP is 6 and their product is 8.Find the sum of first sixteen terms of the AP.
- The houses of a row are numbered consecutively from 1 to 49.Show that there is a value of x such that the sum of the numbers of the houses preceding the house numbered x is equal to the sum of the numbers of the houses following it.Find this value of x.
- If the numbers x-2, 4x-1 and 5x+2 are in AP. Find the value of x.
- If a, (a-2) and 3a are in AP, then what is the value of a?
- Which term of the A.P. 72,63,54,….. is 0?
- How many terms are in the AP.?
- For an AP., the 8th term is 17 and the 14th term is 29. Find its common difference.
- Write the value of x for which x+2,2x,2x+3 are three consecutive terms of an AP.
- Draw an equilateral triangle of height 3.6 cm . Draw another triangle similar to it such that its side is of the side of the triangle.
- Draw a circle of radius 1.5 cm. Take a point ‘P’ outside it. Without using the centre, draw two tangents to the circle from P.
- As observed from the top of a house, 100 m high above the sea level, the angles of depression of a ship sailing directly towards it changes from 30° to 60°. Determine the distances travelled by the ship during the period of observation.
- The angle of elevation of an aeroplane from a point on the ground is 60°. After a flight of 15 seconds the angle of elevation changes to 30°. If the aeroplane is flying at a constant height of 1500 m , find the speed of the aeroplane.
21.The angles of elevation of the top of a tower from two points on the ground at distances ‘a’ and ‘b’ units from the foot of the tower and in the same straight line with it are complememtary. Prove that the height of the tower is units.
- A bicycle makes revolutions per minute to maintain a speed of 8.91 km per hour. Find the diameter of the wheel.
- Find the area of the shaded regionbounded between the circle and the triangle, if AB is the diameter of the circle,AC=6 cm, BC = 8 cm.
C ( Use pie=3.14)
You may download: maths-class-x
क्त ,क्तवतु ,क्त्वा, तल्, टाप्, ङीप् प्रत्ययान् प्रयुज्य पञ्चविंशति वाक्यानि लिखत ।
Answer the following questions:
1 Explain the different ways in which multinational corporations spread their production in different countries.
2.Why is tax on imports known as a trade barrier?Why did the government impose barriers to foreign trade and investments after independence?Give reasons.
3.Explain the impact of globalization on Indian economy.
4.Make any 5 one mark questions from the lesson along with answers.
5.Locate the following places in the outline map of India.
1The place associated with Civil Disobedience Movement.
2.The place where Sept 1920 congress session held.
3.The place where Gandhiji conducted his first satyagraha movement in India.
4.A software technology park in Assam
5.A silk industry in Kashmir.
Class: X A,B,C (Shift-II)
Sub:Tr.Bindu T L
Energy auditing at home
Steps to be followed:
- Make list of all appliances which works on electricity.
- under the supervision of parents note down the power of each appliance and the time (duration in hours) for which it is used in a day.
- Calculate the energy consumed (E=Power x time)
4 .Calculate the energy consumption for 10 consecutive days in kilo watt hour(kWh)(*see example for calculation)
- Note down the initial meter reading and reading after 10 days (strictly under the supervision of parents).The difference in readings will give you the energy consumption in kWh(unit) for 10 days.
- Collect electricity bill for the respective month, calculate the energy consumption for 10 days
- Compare the three values in step 4,5&6
An electric fan 500W works for 6 hours,a 250W TV set for1hour,a 1200W toaster for 10 minutes and a 600Wmixer for 30minutes in a day.Calculate the daily consumption in kWh
Daily consumption of energy=3+0.25+0.2+0.3=3.75kWh or unit
Steps to conserve energy at home
Safe disposal of used tube-lights and CFLs
Study of chemicals coated inside tube lights,CFL etc.and its impact on soil, aquatic life and hence on human beings.
- Show that every positive even integer is of the from 2m, and that every positive odd integer is of the form 2m + 1, where m is some integer
- Show that any positive integer is of the form 3q or 3q + 1 or 3q + 2 for some integer
- Use Euclid’s Lemma to show that square of any positive integer is of form 4m or 4m+1 for some integer m.
- Find the HCF of 1656 and 4025 by Euclid’s method.
- Find the LCM of 2520 and 2268 by prime factorization
- Find the LCM of 336 and 54 by prime factorisation method.
- Find the HCF and LCM of 306 and 54. Verify that HCF × LCM = Product of the two numbers.
- A baker has 444 sweet biscuits and 276 salty biscuits. He wants to stack them in such a way that each stack has the same number and same type of biscuits and they take up the least area of the tray. What is the number of biscuits that can be placed in each stack for this purpose?
- There is a circular path around a sports field. Sonia takes 18 minutes to drive one round of the field, while Ravi takes 12 minutes for the same. Suppose they both start at the same point and at the same time, and go in the same direction. After how many minutes will they meet again at the starting point?
- Two tankers contain 850 litres and 680 litres of petrol respectively. Find the maximum capacity of a container which can measure the petrol of either tanker in exact number of times.
CLASS: X Sub: Physics
Chapter-: Electricity Sub Teacher: T L Bindu (PGT Phy)
1 mark Questions
1. Name the SI unit of
i) Electric charge
ii) Electric current
iii) Potential difference
v) Electric power
2. Name the instrument used to measure
i) Potential difference
ii) Electric current
3. Which particles constitute the electric current in a metallic conductor?
4. How is a voltmeter connected in a circuit to measure the potential difference between two points?
5. How is an ammeter connected in a circuit to measure current?
6. What is meant by saying that potential difference between two points is 1volt?
i) one ampere
ii) one volt
iii) one watt
iv) one ohm
v) one kilowatt-hour
8. Name a device that helps to maintain a potential difference across a conductor.
9. Name the law which relates the current in a conductor to the potential difference across its ends.
10. State Ohm’s law.
11. Keeping the potential difference constant, the resistance of a circuit is doubled. By how much does the current change?
12. Keeping the resistance constant, the potential difference applied across the ends of a component is halved. By how much does the current change?
13. Name two materials commonly used to make standard resistance wires.
14. What happens to the resistance as the conductor is made thinner?
15. Why do electricians wear rubber hand gloves while working with electricity?
16. If the length of a wire is doubled by taking more of wire, what happens to its resistance?
17. How does resistance of a wire change when its diameter is doubled?
18. Define resistivity.
19. Name factors on which the resistivity of a material depends.
20. Name the quantity whose SI unit is
21. Write the formula for electric power in terms of
i) Potential difference and current
ii) Current and resistance
iii) potential difference and resistance
21. Name the commercial unit of electric energy.
22. Which has greater resistance: a 100W bulb or 60W bulb?
23. State three factors on which the heat produced by an electric current depends?
24. Name two devices which work on the heating effect of electric current.
25. Why filament type electric bulbs are not power efficient?
2 mark Questions
26. Calculate the number of electrons constituting 1C of charge
27. .How much work is done in moving a charge of 5C across two points having a potential difference of 12V?
28. How much energy is given to each coulomb of charge passing through a 6v battery?
29. An electric bulb draws a current of 0.75A for 15 minutes. Calculate the amount of electric charge that flows through the circuit.
30. What is the conventional direction of flow of electric current?
31. On what factors do the resistance of a conductor depends?
32. What are the disadvantages of connecting different electrical appliances in series?
33. What are the advantages of connecting different electrical appliances in parallel?
34. State whether an electric heater will consume more electrical energy or less electrical energy per second when the length of its heating element is reduced. give reason for your answer.
35. Explain the working of an electric fuse.
36. State whether an electric heater will consume more electrical energy per second when the length of its heating element is reduced. Give reason for your answer.
Chapter-: Magnetic effect of electric current
1. The rule for finding
i) the direction of magnetic field produced by a straight current carrying conductor
ii) the direction of induced current
iv) the force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field
2. State the above rules
3. Name one device works on the magnetic effect of current.
4. Name the device which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
5. Name the phenomenon which is made use of in an electric generator.
6. What is the usual colour of insulation of i) live wire ii) neutral wire and iii) Earth wire
7. Name two safety measures commonly used in domestic electric circuits
8. The device which automatically cut off the electric supply during short circuiting in a domestic circuit?
9. What is the frequency of a.c supply in India?
10. State an important advantage of alternating current over direct current.
11. Name some sources of i)direct current ii) alternating current
12. Describe the importance of earthing in domestic wiring.
13. Sketch the magnetic field lines due to
i) a bar magnet
ii) current carrying straight conductor
iii) circular loop carrying current
iv) current carrying solenoid
14. What is an electromagnet? Describe the construction and working of an electromagnet.
15. Draw a labelled sketch to show the domestic electric wiring from an electric pole to home.
Chapter-: Sources of Energy
1. What are the various factors which we would keep in mind while choosing a source of energy?
2. Many thermal power plants are set up near coal or oil fields. Why?
3. Name the place in India where the largest wind energy farm has been established.
4. Name the device which converts sun light into electricity.
5. Name the constituents of Biogas
6. Name the constituent of biogas which makes it an excellent fuel.
7. Name the forms of energy which could be harnessed from the sea(ocean)
8. Name two forms in which solar energy manifests itself in the sea.
9. Name one volatile liquid used in ocean thermal energy conversion plants.
10. What type of nuclear reaction is responsible for the liberation of energy in a nuclear reactor?
11. What type of nuclear reaction is responsible for the liberation of energy in the sun?
12. List the Advantages & Disadvantages of
i) Producing Hydroelectricity
ii) Using wind energy to produce electricity
iii) Using solar cooker
iv) Using geothermal energy
v) Using fossil fuels
vi) Nuclear energy
13. Hydrogen has been used as a rocket fuel. Would you consider it a cleaner fuel than C N G? Why or Why not?
14. Explain how electricity is produced in a hydro electric power plant?
15. Explain how wind energy can be used to generate electricity?
16. Describe the construction and working of a box- type solar cooker.
17. Describe the construction and working of a biogas plant with the help of a labelled diagram.
· Study on the impact of modern life style on any one system in human body.
· Collect different material which contains varieties of acids and bases and stick it in a scrap book.
१) कहानी का नाटकीकरण (समूहकार्य)
२)प्रश्न निर्माण करना (समूहकार्य)
३) स्वरचित रचना