Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- You are living at 32/2, Mohan Singh Marg, Salem – 10. Your area regularly suffers from low voltage problem causing a lot of difficulties for the people. Write a letter to the Executive Engineer, Tamilnadu Electricity Board, Salem – 5 requesting for urgent intervention. (150 words)
- You have a 3-bedroom apartment to be given out for rent. Draft a suitable advertisement to be inserted in the classified column of a newspaper. You are Sudheer, 11/1, Park Avenue, Chennai-4. (50 words)
- Swachhta Pakwada was celebrated in your school from 1.9.2017 to 15.9.2017 with a variety of activities. Write a report of the event to be published in your school magazine. Name yourself as Midhun/Meena, XI A, Govt. Model School, Madurai. (150 words
- ‘Deep Water’ gives us a strong message of hard work and determination for success in life.’ Elucidate (120 words)
- Comment on the good-parenting by Roger Skunk’s mother. (120 words)
- Griffin aroused suspicion in the minds of the Iping villagers right from the day he arrived there. Discuss. (120 words)
- How keywords are differ from identifiers? Give two examples of keyword and valid identifiers.
- What is the use of parse() method? What action the following statement performs?
- What will be the result of following expression if (a) age=25 (b) age=65 (c) age=85
age>65 ? 350:100
- What will be the value of following, if j=5 intially
- What will be the value of following code fragment print out? Initially res is 30.
- What is the value of integer variable total after each of the given statements. Assume the variables total, num1 and num2 contain values 10,20 and 30 respectively.
total=(num1==7)?num1 : num2;
- What is wrong with the following code fragment.
int Sum=0 ;Step=5;
- Rewrite following while loop using for loop
int sum=0 , i=1;
- Differentiate setText() and getText() methods using examples.
- Rewrite the following code using if.. else construct
Int num = Integer.parseInt(tf1.getText());
System.out.println(“Not a valid number”);
- Convert the following code segment using switch-case construct:
intnum = Integer.parseInt(txtNum.getText());
else if(num==6 || num==8 || num==10)
- Predict the output of the following java construct:
- Write the equivalent java statement for the given expression
a = 0.05 – 2y3
- Differentiate between setEditable() and setVisible() methods
- Write the syntaxes of while and do-while statements and difference between them
- Convert the following segment into an equivalent do..while loop
for(x=10 , c=20 ; c>=10 ; c=c-2)
- Is Java case sensitive. What is meant by case sensitive?
- Differentiate between the text properties of text area and textfield components
HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS – AUTUMN BREAK 2017-18
COMPUTER SCIENCE CLASS XI
Answer the following questions:
- Explain the fundamental data types in C++ with the possible combination of modifiers.
- Explain the derived data types in C++.
- Explain the user defined data types in C++.
- Explain how to declare and initialize variables in C++.
Draw flow charts for the following problems:
- To print the sum of first ‘n’ even numbers.
- Input ‘n’ numbers and print the count of positive and negative numbers.
- To enter ‘n’ numbers and to print the sum and average.
- To check if a number ‘n’ entered by the user if prime or not.
Write programs in C++ for the following:
- To input ‘n’ numbers and to find their sum and average.
- To enter the distance in metre and centimeter and to convert it into feet and inches.
- To input a number and to print its reverse
- To input the radius of a sphere and print its volume.
Write summary of the Long Reading Novel ‘Story of My Life’. (Chapter 1 to 10)
- Use A4 size paper or Assignment Paper
- Do not use file.
- Write summary of the Long Reading Novel ‘Three Men in a Boat’. (Chapter 1 to 10)
NOTE: Use A4 size paper or Assignment Paper
- Read the first three chapters of the Supplementary Reader ‘ A Pact With the Sun’ and make a Vocabulary List of 15-20 words from each chapter and write their meanings with the help of dictionary.
- Read a short story by any Indian English Write and write a short summary.
NOTE: (Use A4 size paper)
- Write multiplication table from 1 to 15
- Using the Cutout of the basic shapes, make at least five sea animals.
- Draw an outline map of India and locate the states
- Find out National parks in India and write which state it is.
- Learn a short story with a moral .
- Read a story book . Write a short summary of the story. Write about one character that you liked most from that story.(A4 size paper)
Download OTBA material from cbse site and read it. Prepare the questions’ answers
Read a story written by Ruskin Bond or O Henry and write a brief summary. Make a vocabulary list of 25 words from the story with its meaning.
- An object of 1 cm high produces a real image 1.5 cm high, when placed at a distance of 15 cm from concave mirror .calculate the position of the image?
- Refractive index of water is 4/3 and that of glass is 3/2with regard to air. What is the refractive index of glass with respect to water?
- How much time will light take to cross 4mm thick glass pane if refractive index of glass is 3/2?
- Explain with the help of diagram , why a pencil partly immersed in water appears to be bent at the water surface?
- Calculate the distance at which an object should be placed in front of a concave mirror of focal length 15cm to obtain an image triple of its size?
- An object of 0.2 m high is placed at a distance of 0.4m from a concave mirror of radius of curvature 0.3 m. Find the position , nature and size of the image formed?
ASSIGNMENT(To be submitted in a separate file)
Draw ray diagrams showing the image formation of
- concave mirror – all positions
- convex mirror – all positions
- concave lens – all positions
- convex lens -all positions
Also mention the position,nature and size of the image formed in each case.
- Describe the art of miniature painting.
- Describe how kathak dance evolved into the present form?
- What was called Rajputana by the British?
- What were the activities that people engaged in after migrating to forested and marshal areas ?
- Collect pictures of six forms of classical Indian Dances and make an album.